Moodle+ Preview Resources
In Moodle+ you will find a variety of resources created by the HIAS English team to support the improvement of teaching and learning in all areas of English - Primary and Secondary. Our intention is to offer resources that support schools to continually improve outcomes for learners; complement and challenge current practice; provoke review of pedagogical thinking in the teaching of English, as well as providing resources that can be used directly in the classroom. All training materials and classroom resources should be adopted and adapted to meet the needs of individual schools and cohorts. Overview descriptions at the front of documents should be utilised to understand how to effectively run training or introduce new initiatives based on the resources.
Our intention is to develop and grow resources over time - reflecting the needs and requests of teachers and leaders.
In Moodle+ Preview we have given some 'taster' resources - a sample of a few pages from full documents available in Moodle+. We hope you find this useful in understanding the quality of resources we will be offering.
- Exemplar learning journeys for different texts across the age ranges
- PowerPoint slides and guidance documents to support staff meeting CPD or SLT decision making
- A wealth of resources to support task design in the classroom in reading, writing, spelling, phonics, etc
- Detailed toolkits for areas such as feedback, editing, planning and phonics
Please click on the hyperlinks below to view the documents:
Guiding principles for differentiation within whole class phonics - a Powerpoint presentation for SLT or use in staff meetings
- Advantages of whole class phonics
- Models for whole class input and differentiation by Letters and Sounds phase
- An example timetable of adult supported and independent groups
- A toolkit to support class teacher’s to plan for editing and redrafting successfully
- CPD training materials
- Step 1 and step 2 editing explained with supporting resources for Yr 1 – Yr 6
This taster represents a wider range that will be available in Moodle+. Example units will grow over time from a range of text drivers across KS1 and KS2.
- A sample from the growing database of modern novels with potential for teaching at KS3
- Details of themes and stylistic features within each novel
- Suggestions for parallel texts to enrich each learning journey
The full document includes:
- Reading journal overview
- Example outcomes
- Guided reading practice
- Importance of talk
Ideas for what to do when a pupil hits a bump in the road