HIAS English Moodle
Want to be kept up-to-date?
Click here to subscribe to our English site news so we can keep you up-to-date with the latest news and training opportunities from the HIAS English team. Registration just takes a few minutes and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Even before the pandemic many pupils risked underperformance due to a word gap. Now there is an even greater impetus to secure pupils’ vocabulary knowledge.
‘Building Vocabulary in Primary English’ will focus on practical approaches to increase the depth and breadth of pupils’ vocabulary, crucial to success in English and beyond.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Vocabulary EnglishPrice: Sub £115 / SLA £75 / Full £138
This course will support practitioners in developing subject knowledge and practice in phonics teaching to effectively support pupils’ development as early readers and spellers from Reception to Year 2.
The delegate will have:
- Explored practical approaches for teaching phonics
- Support and advice in successfully implementing the schools chosen phonics programme
- Developed a clear understanding of strategies to support phonics into spelling
- Gained knowledge of phonics to support pupils’ early reading and spelling
- Engaged in opportunities to reflect on their own teaching of phonics and to plan their next steps
- Developed understanding of progression in phonics.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Phonics KS1
Price: Sub £150 / SLA £115 / Full £180
This two-session course is designed to support Year 1 class teachers in analysing phonic assessment data to fine-tune provision. Key barriers to learning will be explored and strategies to close gaps in subject knowledge and develop fluency in blending shared.
- Conduct effective gap analysis using phonic screening check data
- Adjust teaching and provision based on assessment and needs analysis
- Develop teaching approaches that accelerate progress in phonics
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Phonic Check 1Price: Sub £140 / SLA £100 / Full £168
A reminder that all of our English courses can be found here:
You will also find flyers with further information and the keyword search to use when searching and making a booking on the Learning Zone.
(Edited by Jenny Wei - original submission Thursday, 10 November 2022, 12:06 PM)
This course will focus on the teaching of writing. It will build teachers’ knowledge of the standards and expectations of the Year 5 writing curriculum.
The training will support teachers in creating a pathway for developing writing skills. Focusing on securing the basics, gaining confidence in writing and growing writers.
Courses on Securing Standards in Year 3 and Year 4 are also available.
Search and book on the Learning Zone using keyword search: Securing Year 5
Price: Sub £245 /SLA £200 / Full £294