- Upper KS2 Spelling Ideas
- Engaging ways to get children learning spellings at home
Engaging ways to get children learning spellings at home
The booklets created by the HIAS team explain a range of strategies with age appropriate examples for learning to spell in engaging ways. Schools and parents can use the booklets alongside the spelling lists set for home learning.
- Each booklet contains nine spelling strategy cards.
- Each session should take no more than 15 mins to complete.
How can parents, carers and siblings help?
- Read the spelling strategy aloud
- Talk to child about the spelling pattern before they start
- Join in with the session and make it fun.
- Draw attention to the spelling or words in books and texts when encountered
- Adapt any of the resources and materials as you feel necessary
Instructions for parents are given within the booklet.